Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Hog

My Hog by Robbi Baba
My Hog, a photo by Robbi Baba on Flickr.

Without really meaning to, I've been facing some fears on this trip. The worst so far has been riding. Seems a bit silly now, as the roads here are mostly empty, and the scooter is an automatic and very easy to ride.
Of course, they do drive on the left here, and that made negotiating intersections a bit more challenging! Fortunately, there were very few intersections in Pai and none at all on the way up here to Soppong.
I had a mini-fear to face yesterday, immersing myself in the muddy river down below. It's not very deep, maybe 21/2 feet, but very strong current! Not a big fear, but it took me a bit.
Tomorrow it's my fear of heights...in Pai there's a zipline tour of the forrest canopy, which has 14 stations. I guess this sort of thing started in Costa Rica as a way of exploring the rain forrest there. I don't know what the balance is between educational and thrilling, but if it's open, I'm going for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment